Thursday, February 28, 2013

BUCKET LIST

Spirit I am listening....

As I sit on my couch resting for a few minutes to a couple of tunes coming from the satellite, I can not help but look out my window and glance over at my neighbors house.  Late last year she found out she has breast cancer and liver cancer.  The night before her breast surgery a couple of Christian sisters and myself went over and watched as the Holy Spirit touched her deep inside.  Darn right we expect healing from our Daddy God.

In one of my glances out the window I find myself wondering or asking what would I be like in that type of situation.  Just where my mind wanders as Satan(anxiety) uses every opportunity to destroy.  I love it cause I pull out my armour (doesn't even hurt my back).  In reality I allow a release from my heart (Jesus/Spirit) to take over and kick out the yuck thoughts.

I realize though there is seriousness to these types of situations.  As I bring Jesus out I start to ask, "Lord am I where you want me to be?  And say, "Lord I want to live out my destiny that you have planned out.  I do not want to get to Heaven and apologize for not following what is on my heart that you put there."

You see I don't have your typical bucket list.  Is it fair to say that most bucket lists look like this:
*win a million dollars
*bigger house
*fancier car
*no debt
*lots of clothes
*pretty kitchen
*boat
*other outdoor toys
*many trips
*big screen TVs
*cottage
etc etc etc

My heart does not crave any of that stuff in the way most do.

*I want to go to the hospital where my moms friend has been for one year after a stroke and watch her healing.
*I want to take my family to Peru for however long God needs us there.
*I want to take scriptures to my friend/neighbor who is battling cancer as often as I can and pray for Heavling
*I want to pray for my brother and sister-in-law to find awesome jobs in Australia.
*I want to raise money for families who need equipment and other needs for children/adults with special abilities
*I have the need to hand out valentines to say they are loved to people I don't know on Valentines Day.
*I want people to know how much they are loved by Jesus
*I want people to know not all "Churches" are the same
*I want people to know they are forgiven
*I want street people to know they are loved
*I want people in prison to know they are loved
I could go on and on.

But as I think about my time to meet Jesus, I do not want to look up at his precious Holy face and say, "I am so sorry Father I did not do all those things you put on my heart."

I do not want to hear Him ask, "Why not?  I would have given you everything you needed."

There is no good enough excuse I could possibly tell the King of all Kings.  He died for me.  ME.  Died! I have this time only now to love on people and help cause when we get to Heaven there will be no helping it will be perfect.  People need to see the beauty and perfection of Heaven here and now.  My family needs to come to Heaven.  Imagine a perfect family gathering in Heaven.  My friends need to eat chips with me in Heaven.  The hurting need to know there is no hurts with Daddy God in heaven.  Those with physical and mental needs deserve to have a taste of Heaven where their bodies will be whole and new and free.  All the lost deserve to be found and get to share in the Heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment