Friday, October 25, 2013

Were whales in or out?


This is so fun! You have to reference this devotional from the little books of Our Daily Bread.
http://odb.org/2013/10/15/dreams-of-childhood/

During our bible study the above referenced devotional was shared and laughter bursted out as we listened to the childs question about whether or not the whales were in or out of the ark.  The innocence of the quesiton was precious.  All the kids quesitons were precious.  Questions that were fun and asked without woe is me. 

It clearly says in the bible we must have faith like a child and maybe that is why I connected so well with the question of the whales being in and out.  I honestly was trying to figure out if they were in or out.  Hit a spot where I was like who cares. It was just fun to wonder and can not wait to ask when I get to Heaven.  Are we going to sit in robes and sing all day was another childs quesiton and How is my grandpa doing up there? Will my puppy be in Heaven?  How sweet are these questions?

You read in the devotional the adults questions are all about woe is me. Why Lord why Lord why Lord. Where are you?  We need to set an example for our kids.  Coming out of Brownies on Wednesday Bella and her friend were hopping onto the railing to ride down the steps and her friends mom told her not to we were in a church.  I laughed and said, "Ahhggg don't worry about it Jesus would probably do it with them."

If you knew Jesus was physically coming to your house for supper next week what would you ask Him?  Have fun with your list.  I would like to know if there is chips in Heaven.  Will we have to get up in the middle of the night to go pee?  Will we wear shoes or sandles or barefeet? 

Before I starting writing this i did refrence the Bible and did find out the answer.
In Genesis  7 it says, "6 Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters came on the earth. 7 And Noah and his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives entered the ark to escape the waters of the flood. 8 Pairs of clean and unclean animals, of birds and of all creatures that move along the ground, 9 male and female, came to Noah and entered the ark, as God had commanded Noah. 10 And after the seven days the floodwaters came on the earth.

So now I add quesitons to my list.  Are whales clean or unclean water creatures?  Why did they have to swim for so long?  What about salt water and regular water mixing?  LOL 

TOO FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment