Friday, January 17, 2014

Spirit of Anger


Lord lets identify one of our enemies!
 
Everyone one of us young and old know anger.  Anger has come knocking on our hearts and minds over and over again.  For some that anger has made a home inside of us that last for years.  Each knew home that is planted in us comes with weight.  Weight we should not carry.  I would rather not carry any more weight.  I want to be free.

I had a few moments the other day to interview the Spirit of Anger (let me humor you).

Me:  "Where do you come from?"

Anger: "Ahhhh, your emotions and my boss sends me to work for a long time."

Me: "Who's your boss?"

Anger: "Satan is the one and only."

Me: "What is your job description?"

Anger: "To seek, kill and destroy."

Me: "I know anger is a natural emotion but I see then that your job is then too remind us over and over again about that anger.  Which we then can hang onto for a long time."

Anger: "Oh yes, I love to see people angry at each other for as long as I can.  My boss loves it when couples go to bed angry and family members turn their backs on eachother.  And He laughs at those who or angry for the smallest things.  Friendships fall apart, relationships fall apart.  I can hear His evil laugh now."

Me: "You know you can be stopped?  I have seen that happen and have stopped you before."

Anger: "Oh please, please don't say the "G" word or the "F" word."

Me: "What does it scare you?"

Anger: "Maybe."

Me: "Well you see I have a bigger and more loving boss then you.  And yes GOD is His name.  He has promised me nd the rest of us peace when we FORGIVE.  See we forgive and put our hurt to the cross and our Daddy God then stomps on your boss.  HAHAHAHAH we just have a bigger boss.  People do not deserve to carry their anger for a long time.

In Esphesians 4:26 His word says, "In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry."  We are to begin a new fresh day."

Anger: "My job is so easy as for some reason humans like to carry that anger.  They feel if they give up that anger, they feel the one(s) they are angry at win.  So they hang on and hang on.  It is great.  Destruction we love."

Me:  "Psalm 37:8 Our God's word says, "Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil."

Anger: "Umm, ahhhh..."

Me: "Ecclesiastes 7:9 more words, "Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools. 

Anger: "I ahhh, need to go."

Me: "Mark 16:17-19 even more words, "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

Me: "Wait one more, Psalm 55:22, "Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

Anger pooffed and left.

Me:  "Like I said my boss is better.  My daddy God will crush you and your boss.  Anger is back where it belongs."

Life is so much easier without anger and in place peaceful with God.  I do not want to allow anger to run my life.  Not saying it comes easy but in the end we have control and someone who is willing to carry it all.  Sounds great to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment